Disposable Biopsy Punch
Round seamless stainless steel ground blades
Double grinding ensures razor sharp cutting edge
Asymmetric design provides secure grip
Color coded handle denotes blade size
Individually packaged in sealed durable easy to peel pouch
Transparent for visual inspection
Easy to peel
Size prominently printed on pouch and handle
1.0, 1.5, 10 and 12 mm available by special order only
Available in boxes of 25
Instructions For Use
- Visible evidence of damage or debris on handle or circular blade.
- Reuse on different patient.
- Invasive cancer that is visible on examination.
- Bleeding disorders and anti-coagulative medication use.
- Intended for single patient use only. Do NOT reuse.
- Device is sterilized, prior to packaging.
- Do not use if the package is damaged/broken, prior to use.
- Discard device, if any cracks/fractures are noticed on the handle.
- Medical professionals and assistants should always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when performing skin biopsy procedure.
- Do not apply excessive pressure, as this could generate slight pain.
- Prescription device, Rx only.
- Device sterility cannot be guaranteed, if package is broken/damaged prior to use.
- Extra care should be taken while handling the device from coming in to contact with contamination.
- Minimal bleeding may be noted after the procedure.
- Soreness or tenderness at the treatment site.
- Permanent scarring
- Based on the patient’s anatomy, test specifications and clinical preference, select the appropriate sized Uni-Punch.
- Firmly press the sterile biopsy punch into the anesthetized site from which a specimen is desired. While continuing to exert pressure, twist the punch first clockwise and then counter clockwise to the appropriate depth of subcutaneous tissue.
- It is most likely that the separated dermal tissue will need to be lifted with a pair of forceps after removing the punch. Scissors may be needed to cut beneath the sample to complete the excision.
- The tissue lodged inside the cone can be extricated directly or by pushing thought the hollow handle with a sterile instrument.
- Device should be stored in a dry moisture-free area.
- Device storage and handling temperature should not exceed (37.7° C) 100° F.